Monday, February 16

Memphis Monday: STROLLER STRIDES

This is my third week doing Stroller Strides. It's an exercise group made up of moms. Four days a week, we take our kids around in strollers (running or walking) and stop at various "stations" during the hour-long workout to do strength training, cardio, abs, etc. I LOVE IT! This is the best overall body workout I've ever done, and I can take Addie with me! She likes getting out the house, and I don't have to find a babysitter. It's perfect for me. I am always sore the next day! Our trainer is excellent at mixing up the workouts so I never get bored, and I have been able to start making new friends outside of church. It's been great. Hey moms, wherever you are, look it up! There might be one in your area!

Addie and I made valentines for many of her friends on Saturday. We had fun coloring, finger-painting, and delivering them. I love finding easy crafts that we can do together. Do any of you have any other ideas of things we could do?

This was our dinner on Sunday. I made pizza crust, separated it into three smaller sized pizzas, and then added interesting toppings to spice it all up. The one on the wooden tray is tomato sauce, spinach, mushrooms, chicken and cheddar (Jason's favorite of the three). The white pizza is tomato sauce, spinach, chicken and feta cheese (my favorite, I love feta!). The last one is a baked potato pizza, modified from the Stevie B's version. It has ranch, thinly sliced gold potatoes, bacon bits and cheddar cheese (also very good, but I'd use more ranch next time). It was fun to branch out and try something new. I have the BEST and EASIEST crust recipe, if you want it. It's my mom's recipe, she is a pizza making genius!

5 comments:

Tina said...

I miss Stevie B's, sniff, sniff

Tina said...

Put a piece of paper on a cookie sheet. Then place a cup of slightly soapy water mixed with food coloring on top of the paper. Depending on skill let Addie or yourself blow bubbles in the water with a straw. So many bubbles that they spill out of the cup and onto the paper. When the paper is covered with bubbles let them dry. The bubbles don't stay but as they dry and pop they leave a bubbly water mark all over the paper. It's pretty neat! But also really fun to blow that many bubbles.

Jana said...

That's a great idea! We'll try it this week!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jana!!

There is actually one of those mommy exercises Right here in Portland to they do it in the mall since it so big they do it on different levels in the morning and they have running competitions carb , abs / workouts just like yours.. probably. they look like they have so much fun !! that is so neat!!! Its fun to watch them...

For the pizza crust good job jana!! What recipe do you use I also have made some from the recipe at school though the one we used in our school restraunt ! WEll love these blogs!!!

Jami said...

This post made me smile. The pizzas look delicious and I love Addie's finger painting. I've hear of stroller strides, too, maybe I will check it out.