Monday, February 9

Memphis Monday: A COOL PLACE TO BE BORN

Growing up in Michigan, I was often the only kid in my elementary classes to have been born outside of Michigan (if I remember correctly), let alone in Utah, a place completely unknown to most other kids my age. I always liked that about myself. It made me unique, and I always felt cool bringing it up. Well, Baby #2 will be born in Memphis, TN. Since we are not planning on staying here, this little one will always be able to boast to other kids that they were born in the birthplace of rock and roll music, minutes away from Graceland, amongst BBQ ribs and pulled pork. How cool is that? I'm already looking forward to it.


On a side note, Jason's arm is much better. He is still taking his daily dose of Advil because the elbow occassionally flares up, but the swelling is gone. In a couple weeks he shouldn't even have to take Advil anymore. He was told this is something he'll have to be careful of his entire life, but if he doesn't rest it on hard surfaces for long periods of time and doesn't bump it into anything, the bursitis shouldn't be too much of a problem. He had to go back to the doctor a couple more times and they never charged us for it. I believe in miracles! Anyhow, we feel blessed to be here and are VERY glad he's over it.


My two schweedahts, all dressed up for church...


Knowing she's not supposed to have her paci unless she's in her crib, Addie will often crawl under her crib and hide from me with her contraband.



From this...

To this!

6 comments:

Tina said...

I like the hiding under the crib plan. She's a smart one.

Hillary said...

I like the before and after pictures of her in the bouncy. It really gives a good perspective of how big she's getting.

Were you actually able to pull her hair back for that church picture? Wow!

Bacchus Family said...

Isn't it funny that mom think about that stuff? When Chad was thinking about going to law school in NY, I kept thinking how cool it would be to have my kid say they were born in NY. But alas Charles was just born in Sacramento. He'll get over it.

Anonymous said...

wow its amazing how fast little kids grow she is adorable!!

Haylee said...

Addi is so cute! that is hilarious she will hide under her crib. Jackson just throws a fit when I take the binky after his nap and put it back in his crib... I just ignore it. He wishes he was as smart as Addi! :)

Haylee said...

Funny that after I wrote that comment, TODAY of all days, Jackson decided to climb under his crib to fetch his binky. How ironic! :)