Monday, January 19

Memphis Monday: KIND DOCTORS

Jason has bursitis. His right elbow began hurting when he woke up Friday morning and got worse throughout the day. Saturday, when it hurt so badly he couldn't move his arm, he went to
the doctor. They diagnosed him and gave him two shots of antibiotics. In addition to the injections, he is also taking oral medications and regular doses of ibuprofen to reduce the swelling. He still can't move his arm well, but as long as he doesn't use it much, keeps it wrapped and elevated, much of the pain is alleviated.

(This picture is not Jason, just a picture I found online. His isn't that swollen, but it's pretty bad.)


He is supposed to go to a preschool tomorrow and give children eye screenings, but that will be difficult to do without the use of his right arm. The mobility in Jason's arm is very limited, he can't even reach up and touch his own face. Because of that, he went back to the doctor today and they gave him two more shots, told him to continue on the antibiotics and ibuprofen, and they'd see him in a week. They also gave him a note to give to his professor, so hopefully he won't get much grief tomorrow at the school screenings.


Now to the Memphis Monday part... Unfortunately, we don't have doctor visits covered on our cheap insurance. The doctor saw Jason reviewing his pharmacology notes while he waited and asked what he was studying. When Jason told him he was going to optometry school, the doctor (Bless him!) told him he understood what it was like to be a starving student and didn't charge us for today's visit or the shots! So, yeah, there are kind doctors out here in Memphis, you just have to find them.

9 comments:

Hillary said...

It's so nice when you run into people who are nice like that. I had a doctor not charge me for a visit I had once because we didn't have any insurance. I don't remember what I had gone in for, but it was either when I had pneumonia or when I found out I have a goiter on my thyroid.

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

That is great. So, I have not been reading blogs lately. When are you due again? How are you doing anyhow?

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Wow! That looks like it hurts. I'm glad the doctor was so nice about it.

Tiff Rudd said...

Yikes! That stinks! Glad you found a nice doctor! Hope Jason heals quickly! I also enjoyed all the cute new pictures of Addie! She is such a doll! Glad everything is going well with the pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

o poor poor Jason... yikes, weird, and random ...Well Jason hope you heal soon!!

Jacob said...

dude Jason! that looks jacked up!!

Tanner said...

Wow - Crazy, crazy!! I've never even heard of that! Very random! But, that is SO wonderful that the doc didn't charge ya for the visit or the shots!! We had a similar situation with Tyson having to have a surgery and other things done, and the doc didn't charge him for ANY of it b/c he new we were students and our insurance was pretty bad etc... we were SO grateful - it was such a blessing he was our doc! I hope it gets better soon, it sounds awful and not fun whatsoever! Jana, how are you?? I hope you are feeling well and the OB visits are going well for ya! How far along are you now?? I love the finger painting pics - especially the diaper, socks and fun hair!! ;)

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

In response to your comment on my blog. I have ran 11.5 miles twice now, so what is another 1.5 miles? Actually it will be fine, but I am sore, very sore.

How goes life?

Christina G. said...

I'm officially stalking your blog. I'm glad I found it to get such a great update! Good luck with your pregnancy, how far along are you?