Fun with my birthday balloons-
I just love her pudgy squishy face! (Ok, so she's really not that pudgy...)
1. You make our home a peaceful place to be. Often when I am at my wits end and ready to burst, you swoop in and take over, calm everyone down, and still have the energy to play with our little girls and let me take a break. You don't know how much I appreciate that.
2. You pitch in. Being a mom can get pretty frustrating. I hate stepping over toys, giving the girls baths and cleaning endless dishes, but you (when you're able) help out. (That may technically go in the "Awesome Husband" category, but I listed it here anyway.)
3. You work hard. I love that you study hard and do well in school. I love that our children will grow up watching their Dad work hard and be successful. It's wonderful to know we'll be taken care of and I am grateful for the time and effort you put into doing well.
4. You play hard. Our kids are so lucky to have such an energetic and playful dad! It amazes me how long you can spin Addie around and never get tired of it, and how much you love just seeing her laugh.
5. You are committed to teaching our children about Jesus Christ. I am fortunate to have married someone who shares my faith and is a partner with me in teaching our children to know and love the gospel.
6. You love your children with your whole heart. When Adelyn was born I saw you tear up when you first held her. When we brought Macie home from the hospital, I watched you stare in amazement at her beautiful little body and whisper to me how perfect she was. Our girls have you wrapped around their stubby little fingers and it delights me.
Broccoli is a healthy snack!
Trying to enjoy the sprinkler park (Noah mostly ran away).A big storm came through Friday. Kari and I were stuck at the mall in the "Authorized Personell Only" hallways for about 45 minutes with our kids. (I wouldn't recommend nursing a new baby on the floor with a bunch of strangers crammed in a dirty hallway.) Jason was at home when our power went out. After a series of unfortunate events, our power just came back on LAST NIGHT (Tuesday). Fortunately the Northgraves, some WONDERFUL Good Samaratins, have let us stay at their house all weekend.
Macie's super yucky belly button thing fell off, so we gave her her first real bath in the tub...note the candle...it was in the dark. Yep, no power.My parents came to town Sunday and will be here until Saturday. They also stayed (and will continue to stay) at the Northgraves. Addie loves her grandparents and they love their grandkids.
Fun with Grandpa at Steak N' Shake.
My friends threw me a baby shower last night. Because Macie is already here, it was more like her first birthday party! I have awesome friends, played some awesome games, and were given some awesome gifts. Cute new clothes, other cute necesseties, and a surprise...many donated cash towards my BOB Duallie Jogging Stroller! I can't wait to get it!
Lastly, Addie LOVES Macie. She always wants to "hold her, hold her" and kisses her all over. She is surprisingly gentle and loves helping. Here are some cute pictures from the last week.
Check out Macie's full head of brown hair!
I just lovelovelove my family!