Monday, June 22

to my forever schweedaht


Jason, I love you. You are a FANTASTIC father. Here's why:

1. You make our home a peaceful place to be. Often when I am at my wits end and ready to burst, you swoop in and take over, calm everyone down, and still have the energy to play with our little girls and let me take a break. You don't know how much I appreciate that.

2. You pitch in. Being a mom can get pretty frustrating. I hate stepping over toys, giving the girls baths and cleaning endless dishes, but you (when you're able) help out. (That may technically go in the "Awesome Husband" category, but I listed it here anyway.)
3. You work hard. I love that you study hard and do well in school. I love that our children will grow up watching their Dad work hard and be successful. It's wonderful to know we'll be taken care of and I am grateful for the time and effort you put into doing well.
4. You play hard. Our kids are so lucky to have such an energetic and playful dad! It amazes me how long you can spin Addie around and never get tired of it, and how much you love just seeing her laugh.
5. You are committed to teaching our children about Jesus Christ. I am fortunate to have married someone who shares my faith and is a partner with me in teaching our children to know and love the gospel.
6. You love your children with your whole heart. When Adelyn was born I saw you tear up when you first held her. When we brought Macie home from the hospital, I watched you stare in amazement at her beautiful little body and whisper to me how perfect she was. Our girls have you wrapped around their stubby little fingers and it delights me.


So, this post is sappy. You are THE greatest person I know, and there isn't anyone else I'd choose to raise my family with than you. Happy Father's Day, Schweedaht!

1 comment:

insi said...

I am so happy for you and your family of wonderful people, Jana! Thank you for sharing how great Jason is -- not too sappy at all, in fact I could take more! I love the picture of Addie "doing what Macie does" -- this is where the real fun begins -- interaction! Big hugs. Love, Korin (the many exclamation point user)