Thursday, June 18

lots has happened, here is our update

My sister Kari and her son Noah came and stayed with us last week. Noah and Addie played, Kari and Jana talked, Macie slept and ate. A nice, relaxing week.

Addie and Noah having a great time squishing their faces against the glass.
At the mall on the carousel.

Broccoli is a healthy snack!

Trying to enjoy the sprinkler park (Noah mostly ran away).

A big storm came through Friday. Kari and I were stuck at the mall in the "Authorized Personell Only" hallways for about 45 minutes with our kids. (I wouldn't recommend nursing a new baby on the floor with a bunch of strangers crammed in a dirty hallway.) Jason was at home when our power went out. After a series of unfortunate events, our power just came back on LAST NIGHT (Tuesday). Fortunately the Northgraves, some WONDERFUL Good Samaratins, have let us stay at their house all weekend.

Macie's super yucky belly button thing fell off, so we gave her her first real bath in the tub...note the candle...it was in the dark. Yep, no power.

My parents came to town Sunday and will be here until Saturday. They also stayed (and will continue to stay) at the Northgraves. Addie loves her grandparents and they love their grandkids.

Fun with Grandpa at Steak N' Shake.

My friends threw me a baby shower last night. Because Macie is already here, it was more like her first birthday party! I have awesome friends, played some awesome games, and were given some awesome gifts. Cute new clothes, other cute necesseties, and a surprise...many donated cash towards my BOB Duallie Jogging Stroller! I can't wait to get it!

Shower games!

Lastly, Addie LOVES Macie. She always wants to "hold her, hold her" and kisses her all over. She is surprisingly gentle and loves helping. Here are some cute pictures from the last week.

Check out Macie's full head of brown hair!

I just lovelovelove my family!

3 comments:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

WOW! Sounds like you are having lots of fun with family and friends. Macie is so cute. SHe does have a lot of hair. I hate that public places don't have nursing couches in bathrooms etc. Utah is much more Mom friendly. I'm glad you all made it through the power outage and storm too.

gem said...

O Can't wait to see you guys!

Hillary said...

Does Macie have some reddish tints in her hair? The picture makes it look that way.