Wednesday, March 4

Introducing our singing sensation...Addie!

Lately Addie has been obsessed with the movie Annie. Every day she asks, "Moo-ee? Annie?" and nearly every day I give in. She's just so cute when she watches it. Jason and I can quote nearly the entire thing. Here she is singing along to "The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow" as she does with nearly all the songs.


We try to only let her watch one movie per day, so if she doesn't finish it in one sitting she can start where she left off later in the day. I think that might even be too much, but I've been feeling strange preparing for this new baby...I'm worried Addie won't get as much alone time with me and will be sad and jealous, so I've been completely spoiling her. Adelyn also loves Mary Poppins and is starting to get into Toy Story 2. Jason isn't thrilled that her two favorite movies are musicals, but what did he expect? She's alone with me all day! Addie also knows when to laugh at all the funny parts, but is starting to really hate dirty/yucky things. She has a difficult time watching "Chim Chim Cheree" in Mary Poppins because she can't stand to look at the chimney sweep's dirty faces. I think it's funny.


Don't forget to look at her hair! It's getting so long and I'm lucky because she sits still pretty well while I play with it. I can't wait until I can do braids!


On Saturday a miracle happened...Memphis had 4 to 5 inches of snow fall! Everything in the city shut down (They even canceled church! That never would have happened in UT or MI!) so we took the time to introduce Addie to snow balls. Mmmm...a lifelong love was kindled. She was asking to eat snow balls for days.

We're going to Atlanta, GA tomorrow with some friends for the weekend, so hopefully we'll have some fun pictures to post soon!

9 comments:

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Oh my goodness! I love her singing! She is growing up so fast and I love her hair! I'm so excited for you to have another one! Will it be a boy or a girl?

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Great singing girl! Love the cute hair-do too. I can't wait to have a girl to do stuff like that with her. I think your second is going to be another girl. That's hilarious they cancelled church because of the snow. I bet Addie had a blast. They'd probably do the same in California. Pansies! Have fun on your trip visiting Georgia.

Caitlyn said...

Holy cow look at her hair! I love it! Have fun in GA!

Hillary said...

Cute hair-do! I think it's funny that Annie is her favorite movie. The lady that teaches my kids piano has a little girl that is Jaxson's age and her favorite movie right now is Annie. She was watching when we went for piano the other day. I have a little piece of advice for you that Grandma gave to me when I was expecting Merrit. She said that I wasn't suppose to treat Alexis like she should be jealous of the baby. She said she didn't know why, but she did that with all her kids and they weren't jealous when a new baby came. It was like a subconcious thing or something. So when Merrit came I tried really hard not to assume Lexi was ever jealous and I even corrected people about it. Charlie's family used to say things when I'd be holding the baby and Lexi would try to climb up in my lap for some attention. They would say she was jealous or trying to get my attention from the baby. I would simply say that she was just trying to be closer to Merrit and that she loves being by the baby. Something to deflect the whole jealousy issue. It seemed to work. Another thing that was advised to me was to say out loud to the baby (not that he/she will understand) that you have to spend some time with, in my case it was Lexi, and say it so Lexi could hear so she knew I was making time for her and so she knew that the baby "knew" too. I did do that a couple of times. I don't know how much it helped, but I think Lexi adjusted quite well when we added Merrit. I think it's all in your attitude. She'll follow your lead so just include her when doing things with baby and don't assume she's jealous or she may just end up feeling that way.

Anonymous said...

Addie is so cute! I can't believe how big she is getting. And I LOVE her hair! I wish Aiko would sit still long enough for me to do something with her hair. She hates me putting anything in it!

Anonymous said...

O I miss you guys !! Addie what can i say she is so precious!! :)

Jacob said...

That is awesome! Sing it up Addie. She's growing too fast. Wish we could see you guys.

Jared, Miranda and Max said...

Okay- so first off. I haven't read your blog in forever, so sorry for the belated CONGRATS on your latest pregnancy!!! I'm glad its been smooth sailing so far. 2nd, Addie's hair is adorable in this pic. 3rd, I hope I never get bursitis and 4th, in answer to your question about chis-- yes. they are amazing. You should own one. I blogged about getting it the mail a few blogs prior to the one you read. Anyway-- even for a girl with as little as I have, I love it. Heats up in less than a minute, straightens FAST and doesn't tear my hair out like other ones have. And you know how valuable a feature that is for a girl with as little hair as I have ;) Take care!

Anonymous said...

Ohh i really love her hair style and great video too.

thanks
ghd iron
http://hairstraightenersiron.com/