Monday, November 2

our little Trick or Treaters

I made Addie's cat costume. I made the headband with ears, the BIG tail, and two cat bracelets (cuffs). She loved having her whiskers and nose put on with makeup, it was her favorite part. I made her costume last year, and hope to have it be a tradition to make my kid's costumes. I'm not a great seamstress so it usually takes me quite a bit of time, but I love doing it.

This is how Macie, Addie and Dad felt about trick or treating:

Here they are, Adelyn the cat and Macie the duck. The duck is always a hit. Obviously it's not one that I made, but it's so cute every one of our little ones will have to wear it!
And here they are in their matching "I LOVE MY MUMMY" shirts. Addie's was a hand me down, and Macie's was sent to us from Grandma. They even glow in the dark! Addie thought that was pretty cool.

6 comments:

Erica Yates said...

A) You look awesome. and B) Oh my lands you have the cutest girls in the world! and C) Oh yeah, Jason looks pretty good too.

K.E.N said...

#1 We have that stroller! Awesome twiners.
#2 You DO look awesome.
#3 We can't wait to see you guys in 3 weeks!

THE BLAIRS said...

Jana, I am so proud of you making costumes! IT will be something your kids will always remember! I wish i could sew (AT ALL!) so maybe you could give me a lesson when i get back!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Great job on the cat ears and costume. I loved the duck one too. Your girls are so cute. Sam got a glow in the dark halloween t-shirt too. He told me to turn off its light several times. I thought that was funny.

Anonymous said...

Jana, I was just procrastinating from my homework and stumbled upon an old email with your blog address. It was great seeing how big your girls are. I can't believe how old Macie is now! It seems like she was just born. Hoping to see you guys next time your up in MI, and I've saved your blog address to one of our 'favorites':)
Love Melly

Gemarie said...

Hi Jana! Its kinda funny but i was a cat this year as well for my work costume ! How sweet is that! Well Addie and Macie are adorable nieces and I love them!