Saturday, March 19

stress!

So, our updates. Jason applied to one residency and we found out two weeks ago that he didn't get it. He decided against trying to get the remaining residencies, he just wanted to get a job and start working and earning real money. Since then our days are filled with job searching, sending resumes, and chasing every available lead. It's been exhausting and very very stressful. VERY. I'm so grateful to have a husband who never just lets things happen to him, but is proactive and ambitious and makes things happen.


We've looked into buying practices, associate positions, working for Indian Health Services in Alaska...nearly everything. He's had a couple phone conversations with doctors, but those ones want someone to buy their practice. We'd prefer just to have a regular job first, and then in a few years buy. I don't know if we're in a good position to buy a practice right now, and Jason would like a few years experience before having his own. He's had a couple practices want to interview him, but we don't have the money to just pick up and fly him to VA or NV for an interview, so we've asked for phone interviews first and are still waiting to hear. We still could do a retail chain somewhere, and we will if we have to, but that's our last resort. We may need to expand our search of locations, but I feel it's fairly broad as it is. Ugh.


Long story short, we're tired of not knowing. It's hard. We're scared. In my heart I know we will be taken care of, but it's easy to get stressed and worried when we're looking over our finances, or looking at the calendar and wondering what will happen in two months. The Lord has blessed us so much, and I know He won't stop now, but it'd be nice to have some asnwers now. So, please keep us in your prayers. We need them! (Wow, I am a downer...)


On a lighter note, Carson is 4 months old! Wow, time is flying by. He is such a sweet baby, so good natured and handsome!

9 comments:

shauna said...

He is really handsome. That second picture is perfect. I hope you do find out soon. The great thing is that you know Heavenly Father will get you to the right and perfect spot and it will all come together and just feel right. But you're totally right in wanting to know now.

Unknown said...

I understand how uncertain finances can bring you stress. Good luck with everything! Carson is so big and bright-eyed! I hope we get to see you guys again soon!

Katie Leigh said...

We just got out of your position. At least you have the luxury of location. We had to stay in Memphis, and it took seven months to find a job.

I've decided the feeling I hate worst is not having control over my life. It's awful! I know one more person telling you to have faith and be patient isn't helpful, but it really is the only thing you can do. Something is out there for you!

Bridgette said...

Oh my word. He is a darling and looking older. SO FUN!! Wish we could get our boys together. Sorry about the stress of job hunting...we totally relate. Keep the faith! We'll pray for you!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Job searching under a tight timeline is so hard. I will keep Jason in my thoughts and prayers. I love Carson's cute face.

Matt & Corrine said...

Little Carson is SO cute! Are his eyes brown?!? I couldn't enlarge the pictures. I would be surprised to hear yes considering the blue eyed blondies you have, but they look dark in some of the photos.

I'm so sorry for the stress, but I have to tell you, you're handling it well, as usual. :) I can't quite fathom the situation because I've never been in quite that level of uncertainty, but I know it's extremely uncomfortable and just weighs on every thought, even if subconsciously. We'll keep you in our prayers!

Eva Hair said...

Our prayers are also with you guys!! A lot of uncertainty all over the place. Your names are always in the temple prayer roll. Our Heavenly Father is so mindful of us all--he is always waiting to bless us with miracles. We love you!! Our little guy is so big and so handsome. Can't wait to hold him once again and give our girls a great big hug. We are so blessed as a family. Love Mom Hair

Keri said...

Hang in there! It will be settled soon. I remember those days. It was a really difficult time for us as well, but we LOVE our new home and JJ's job. Something wonderful will work out for you too.

Lisa said...

Jana, send me your address. lcmcknight@gmail.com. Your post made me tear up. Oh, I remember all that.... ahhh. Love you guys.