Saturday, March 26

being a runner

I am so grateful to have such faithful running companions! This morning Rachel Hite and I ran 10 miles, about a third of it in the rain. It was cold and soggy, but overall, I enjoyed it! This begs the question: At what point can you call yourself "a runner?" Is it when you've trained hard for a race? When you get out jogging three times a week? When you've burned 1000 miles in one pair of shoes? Does being a "runner" have more to do with athleticism, commitment, or sheer determination? A combination of all three? Or something else altogether?

I still don't know the answer, but I do know that today, I AM A RUNNER. And it feels pretty good.

5 comments:

Giggles said...

There are a lot of people who try to make more out of that definition than they really should. If you run you are a runner.

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

You call yourself a runner ...
I'm calling myself impressed!

Congrats!

Go Jana Go!

Scott and Amme said...

Saw your title (on Jess Rowley's list) and had to comment. I have become a runner the last few years--my first 1/2 was last year and actually did a duathlon this mornin. You ran 10 miles and some in the rain! You are definitely a runner and not only that you are a dedicated runner. It takes guts to get out and go when it is cold and rainy. So, pat yourself on the back, you have "arrived!" Now, just keep it up. You will go far.

Zach and Nikky said...

Dang Jana! You GO GIRL!

Gemarie said...

The farthest I have ever ran is 6 miles that was once lol so thats impressive girl !Way to Go!!