Thursday, August 30

The Memphis Top 10

Addie was happy for pretty much the whole car trip!
Happy Grandma!!
Addie loves Grandma!!







I just wanted to put a few pictures we took during the move and the trip, especially of Addie!
Now I'd like to describe Memphis with "The Memphis Top 10":
NEVER move to Memphis, TN if:
10. You are allergic to small amounts of humidity (you would surely die)
9. You hate BBQ's (They have so many BBQ places here, and they are amazing!)
8. You own ANYTHING valuable (it'll probably get stolen)
7. You drink more than a gallon of milk a day (it's over $4 a gallon here!)
6. You burst into flames once the temperature gets above 100 degrees (you would've been aflame everday this week)
5. You don't believe in pest control (you're place will be infested by bugs within a month)
4. You don't like the South.
3. You don't like friendly people.
2. You hate shrubbery's (It is very green here, even though Memphis is in a drought)
1. You don't know where Memphis is, and you're too lazy to look it up on mapquest.
Seriously though, Memphis is a fun place and very beautiful--and I am so excited to start optometry school here!
Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Addie is so adorable! She has the look of a little troublemaker in some of her pictures. Jason- school sounds crazy, but I'm sure you'll do great. Can't wait to come visit, but I think I'll wait until it isn't so hot.

Erica Yates said...

Aw... I miss my God-Daughter!

Jacob said...

Chuck Norris likes Memphis so it must rule

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

Hey guys! I love the blog and I love the pics! I'm glad you're finding fun things to do in Memphis.

Jason, good luck with school. I'm sure you'll do great!

Jana, good job on the cute baby! I hope you are doing well with everything and finding fun friends to hang out with when Jason has to be at school.

P.S. I don't know if Addie is still having gas problems, or if this applies, but Nicole started having such bad gas and stomach pain and everthing seemed like a temporary cure. Someone told me to stop drinking/eating cow's milk (ice cream too...cheese and yogurt are okay). I've done it for a week and a half now, and Nicole never gets gas! I do miss milk though!

Jana said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for the comments! I've been off milk for a while now, and while it does seem to help, it hasn't fixed the problem. I think this is something she'll have to grow out of. She has been WAY better the last 4 or 5 days, though, so that is encouraging. Thanks!