Thursday, April 17

Little Green was molested

Jason, Addie and I have now been officially inducted as Memphians. Here's why:
Yes, Little Green was broken into the night before last. As you can see, they broke through the driver's side window with this heavy metal thing that looked like it was from an old building. They took the stereo and left the mess for me to clean up.

I filed a police report and then had the car towed to the shop. A lot of the blame is ours, she hasn't been working (again!) since the beginning of March and just sat in the parking lot while we procrastinated deciding if we should sell her, junk her, or fix and keep her. I'm sure they were checking her out and decided a useless old car with a decent stereo was an easy target (we had installed Jason's old one right before we moved out here). Oh well, it made us get up and do something with her. The mechanic we took her to offered to buy her from us for $500 so that's what we did. I feel sort of sad about it, I've had her since I was 16. Oh well, time to move on I guess. Yay for Memphis!

10 comments:

Jon and Chelle said...

How scary! It's a creepy feeling when someone you don't know is all up in your stuff! Someone had been trying to break into my car (unsuccessfully thanks to the car alarm!) right here in friendly ol' Orem. Like every night for 2 weeks I'd hear my alarm going off, and go outside to turn it off and find no one there. They even stole the side view mirror off the side of the car (the mechanic told me that they were probably trying to cut the wires in an attempt to cut the circuit that the alarm was connected to!) That's the real reason we moved...

Anonymous said...

Aww, Little Green! It's like part of our childhood going away... Sorry to hear you had a scary experience though. Should I send you a taser? :)
Lover,
Erin

Anonymous said...

Apparently my fingers decided to add an 'r' as I signed off above. I knew I should have stuck to the traditional LoveLove, Erin :)

Tiff Rudd said...

Oh no! Sorry guys!! I guess at least it was the car that doesn't work. So sorry to hear that happened!

THE BLAIRS said...

OH MAN! i worry about you guys in the meadows so much! I hate seeing this happen to my friend over and over again! well, at least it wasn't as serious as it could have been.. Does it make you think about moving? I am so sorry! let me know if i can give ya rides anywhere.. ( i guess with summer around the corner you probably wont need it much with Jason being home) but the offer is on the table =)

Caitlyn said...

That's to bad about your car, Jana. I hope everything else is going well!

Anonymous said...

i hope they cut themselves on the glass and are now slowly bleeding to death in some ditch.

Zach and Nikky said...

Oh my gosh! That totally sucks! Lame Memphis thugs...I am so sorry! -Nikky

P.S. I like Ben's comment above. :)

Daniel Moroni Hair said...

Man guys sorry about that. O well now you have that taken care of!!!

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

That is so annoying, yet true for Memphis and other large cities. I don't remember you having a car when we were roomates so much. Maybe I am just super forgetful.