Monday, April 14

Mafia

Thanks to our friend Shauna, my family has started playing online mafia. You can find a link to our game on the left-hand side of this blog and check it out. I'm the moderator/administrator of the game, and everyone else is either a mafia member, regular townsperson, detective or doctor. People get killed by the mafia and the rest of the town has to figure out who they are. It has been a lot of fun and has been a great way to get back into contact with some of our cousins. This sexy picture of Jason is what was posted when he was killed, it's his ghost.

The other upside of playing mafia, at least for me, is that I get to do some writing again. I've enjoyed coming up with the hilarious stories, although I am running out of creative ways to kill the people in the town. I have always loved journal writing, but haven't had to do any creative writing since probably high school, and the research papers I did in college just aren't what I would call fun writing. I've been toying with the idea of writing a children's book or youth novel, but it's sort of overwhelming at the moment. I just love scouring the children's section of the library, and think what a thrill it must be for those authors to see their names on the shelves. It's hard to get published, so for now I'll just think of story ideas and dream...

6 comments:

Daniel Moroni Hair said...

Speaking of Mafia, when are we going to start another one for us?

Hillary said...

Jana, if you are serious about writing children's books you need to check out an add that is in the Family Fun magazine. It asks for children's book authors. Maybe that's how you could get your break. If you want more info., give me a call.

Caitlyn said...

My mom thought you were an excellent writer, and she reads more than anyone I have ever heard of in my entire life. I also thought that you were amazing! Children's books would be fun. You could illustrate it, too! I haven't heard back from the publishing people yet for my article, but I asked my professor and she said that was a good sign. The longer they take the more they're considering me because they throw out the ones they don't want for sure right away! Yay! I'd be so excited.

Jay said...

your writing is awesome... thats why i posted a comment with all of the awesome deaths youve come up with... our grandma, however, is not so fond of your deathly creativity :)

Aub said...

that is one freaky picture!

Tiff Rudd said...

We have finally been inspired to try our own family game of Mafia! I was reading through yours to get an idea of what is was all about and laughed so hard! Your stories are so hilarious! Maybe we need to hire you to write for ours! :)