Wednesday, April 30

Memphis Monday: SOUTHERN ACCENTS

OK, so it's actually Wednesday. Sue me.

I have enjoyed living in Memphis because I love Southern accents! I think Southern accents make everyone sound so sweet and kind. I adore being called "honey" and smile every time someone says "I reckon" or "y'all." I've had my fair share of times at the grocery store or restaurant where I had to ask for something to be repeated, but I even enjoy the misunderstandings. It makes me feel as though I live in a foreign place where I don't speak the language, and, in actuality, I don't. I love it.

2 comments:

Tanner said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I felt that way when we first moved out here, but the Southern lingo will grow on ya and then before you know it, you're speaking it!! ;)

Daniel Moroni Hair said...

That is funny!