Wednesday, May 14

Memphis Monday: BBQ

I'm sorry this Memphis Monday is also late, we've been having trouble with our Internet the last couple of days.


Another reason that I love living in Memphis is the BBQ. Mmmmm...it is delicious! Barbecue in the South really IS different (and much better!) than anywhere else. What was the first restaurant I wanted to go to after my gall bladder surgery? Corkys for a pulled pork salad! Jason and I love trying out new barbecue places (I wish our budget allowed for it more often) and we've tried several. Our favorite is still Corkys, though The Barbecue Shop ranks up there for their sandwiches. The next place we want to try is Rendezvous. Jason loves Memphis-style ribs and you can't go wrong with a pulled-pork sandwich. One thing I'll never get used to, however, are barbecue nachos. There is just something innately wrong about combining Mexican and good ole BBQ. Yay for Memphis and it's delicious barbecue!

4 comments:

Tiff Rudd said...

Adam and I second that!! Makes me hungry just thinking about it!! YUMMY!

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

We ate at Rendezvous, but to be honest I don't really remember it so much. There was another place there we liked.

Keri said...

I can't believe you don't like the nachos! Barbecue Shop nachos are my very favorite barbecue thing I've had here yet.

Rachel Hubbard said...

Jana- You've got to try Central BBQ...featured on Dive, Drive-In's and Diners! Yum-o-licious! With the Slaw ON the sandwich!