Saturday, May 24

100 miles by July 1st

My friend challenged me, back in the beginning of April, to run 100 miles by July 1st. I have been faithfully jogging nearly every day and would like to report I only have 46 more miles to go! It's been tough, as I've never ever ever considered myself a runner, but I can now jog 3.6 miles without stopping and am so proud! I will be running in my first 5K on July 3rd and am excited to cross the finish line. It will be a day of celebration for our little family as July 3rd is also Addie's 1st birthday.

Now I have to concentrate on healthy eating as well so I can fuel my body appropriately and feel completely happy with myself. I have been amazed at how much can be accomplished with determination and a good support system. I've actually had quite a change of attitude since all this running began and instead of feeling disappointed and frustrated with my body, have been able to be more optimistic by knowing it's only temporary!

10 comments:

Micaela said...

Isn't it funny how exercise can change your attitude? I swear that before i would go running I would feel 100 pounds over weight and then as SOON as I finished I felt totally differet about myself... like a super model! jk!!

Tiff Rudd said...

Way to go girl! I'm in big trouble come competition time! Do you enjoy the time running? I have been doing it, but still hate every minute! I enjoy working out, but just not running. I'm hoping that will get better with time! Thanks for the positive comments to keep me going!

Jami said...

That's great! I admit to being a bit jealous since working out has been SO hard for me lately. Your post is the inspiration I needed. Thanks, Jana.

shauna said...

I just love that you are doing this along with me. I am going to shoot for the 5k on June 6th. I can't wait!

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

Jana, I'm sorry I've been a stranger to your blog lately. It looks like you are doing so many awesome things.

I have to say, I am so impressed with your running goal. Congrats on all the hard work. I keep having all these goals swim around in my mind, and I think I just need to take you example and make it happen.

Shannon said...

You are amazing Jana, way to go. I'm also planning on running in that race, so don't leave after you lap me and finish, I want to get a picture together. :)

Jana said...

Thanks for your compliments, ladies. Yes, I enjoy the time running for the most part. I get a lot of planning and thinking and praying done, it's nice not have any other distractions. I've tried running listening to music but I don't enjoy it as much, I revel in the alone time, I guess. And Shannon, there won't be any lapping going on, I'm pretty dang slow!

Jana said...

Thanks for your compliments, ladies. Yes, I enjoy the time running for the most part. I get a lot of planning and thinking and praying done, it's nice not have any other distractions. I've tried running listening to music but I don't enjoy it as much, I revel in the alone time, I guess. And Shannon, there won't be any lapping going on, I'm pretty dang slow!

Anonymous said...

JASON & JANA! The HAIRS! We miss you guys! I just found your blog from the mission website and we are so excited you are in eye school (not spelling the longer version) and love it! Your daugther is so dang cute! We are still in Utah--we are building a townhouse in north ogden so come see us if you ever visit! my email is srasmussen@rwau.net--we'd love to hear from you--come in October & we'll hit a haunted house!

Shawn & Shannon

Anonymous said...

Jana dear how neat good for you as for myself i haven't hit a exercise routine ever since august of last year sadly of last year sad enough ..:( Well ever since school got over i use to run 3 miles every day but good for you girl i need to start somthing ugh.... Lol Go girl!!!