Monday, June 9

Memphis Monday: LIGHTNING BUGS

During my childhood lightning bugs were magical. They came out on summer nights and made the woods sparkle. I remember driving along the wooded road near our home amazed by the twinkling lights. Sometimes my brothers, sisters and I caught the fireflies in jars, attempting to prolong the magic.


When I went to BYU I was surprised to hear that some of my friends had never seen them before. Was it even possible to have a complete childhood in the absence of these enchanting creatures? Well, fortunately for Addie, she will be able to try and capture the magic as well--Memphis has lightning bugs!


Thanks to Shauna for the idea of this week's edition of Memphis Monday.

2 comments:

The Hungry Homemaker said...

Trent it one of those people, who have never seen one! So sad, I was lucky enough to live in Indiana and Georgia growing up, so I know exactly what you mean! I hope we can live somewhere someday that has them... I couldn't imagine not even knowing what one was!

shauna said...

Good poll on the side! I am leaning towards gas prices because that is something that we use all the time, but then again, when I need a cheap ticket I would like to get it. Hmmmm....I just don't know. I am sure you never meant for this much thought to go into it but I am going to talk to Ben first before I make up my vote.