Tuesday, October 14

Addie's Halloween Costume

This year I decided to make Addie's costume. My mom always made ours and they were so creative! I don't sew, and generally I'm not very crafty, but I saw these tutu dresses online and thought they were adorable so I gave it a shot.
I particularly like the long ribbons down her back and always thought she looks so pretty in light blues and purples.
On Halloween she will wear wings (she is supposed to be some sort of fairy) but they have so much glitter on them I didn't want to bother today. I'm thinking about also making a flower headband, but she doesn't keep anything on her head for longer than a second, so it might not be worth the effort.I made her this flower wand last night. This is the best picture I have of it. She wasn't that interested in carrying it around, but it does complete the outfit, don't you think?
I am very proud of myself. I think the dress turned out really cute and frilly, I love it!

11 comments:

Karie said...

So cute! You're so creative!

Keri said...

It's very cute. You did a great job with it. I'm glad I finally got to see what you're talking about.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Oh my! How precious. Girl costumes are so cute!

THE BLAIRS said...

Way cute! where do i order?? =)

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

It turned out very cute. So, did you run your race yet? I have not been reading blogs for some time now.

Caitlyn said...

Jana, you are AMAZING! I don't know why you always say you're not crafty, because everything you do turns out so cute! And, of course, Addie is adorable in her costume!

Tiff said...

I am so so impressed! Way to go girl! That is so incredibly cute! And, especially cute on such a cute little girl!!

Anonymous said...

She looks way cute Jana! You are so fun. I miss having you around! Every time I visit here I can here you laughing! It makes me happy! Great job on the costume.

Jared, Miranda and Max said...

I too think its a lovely costume :) At our ward's halloween party last night I all of a suddon became worried of the costumes i'll have to make someday as a mother. (because, like you, I will follow in my mother's creative and frugal footsteps). But comparatively speaking I am not feeling creative or successful at all at things like sewing, stitching, or anything that has to do with putting fabric and things together. Oh well, good thing I don't have kids yet. lots of time to plan out the easiest costume possible!

Shannon said...

Wow, great job!

Anonymous said...

I think you found the perfect the perfect outfit for her good job!!! :) the little fairy!!