Wednesday, October 8

i heart sushi

Jason and I can't resist salmon, crab, shrimp, avacado, cucumber, whatever, stuffed into a piece of seaweed and rolled up in rice. Throw in some soy sauce, ginger, and a touch of wasabi and California rolls become one of our favorite treats.

A few weeks ago my friend Shauna decided she would go out on a limb and try a piece of sushi. I was excited to introduce her to this new world, so I went easy on her. I believe we shared a roll with tuna and crab (very mild as far as the fishy taste goes) and, while she was very proud of herself for trying, she took one bite and decided that was the end of the affair.

Today I introduced these delectable treats to another friend of mine, Corrine. To my surprise and delight, she ENJOYED my sushi roll! And although she isn't generally a big fish eater, she asked for 2 more pieces! Ah, another one converted.

This is the BEST sushi I have ever had. Jason and I got it at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant in DisneyWorld when we were there in May. Mmmmm...



So, I'm curious, how many of you, fellow blog-readers, enjoy sushi? I look forward to your answers on our poll.

12 comments:

Tiff Rudd said...

Sorry, I love you...but yuck! :)

Mike and Wendy said...

your blog doesn't like me. I've tried voting twice and it keeps telling me it 'can't process my request'. So for the official unofficial record - I don't heart sushi! Revolting!

THE BLAIRS said...

You know i spent a few weeks in Japan and I about starved to death! However, I am proud to say I tried. I tried it all! sushi, sushami, raw octopus and other stuff i still to this day don't know what it was.. And I am just not a fan. I think is a mental barrier to get over and once you get through it, it probably tastes good. I just psychologically cant get anything red in mouth! (even a pink steak wigs me out!)But more power to ya! I would try your rolls though. I am not afraid to try new things.

The Hungry Homemaker said...

Trent and I love sushi. My parents have become sushi experts so whenever we go out to dinner with them, it is always Japanese, and they order a few different rolls for us to try. So far I have liked them all! We are kindred spirits!

Caitlyn said...

I love sushi! Last time I had any was when we went to that restaurant in Twin Falls. If we can afford it, I'd LOVE to go there again over Thanksgiving!! Will, however, does NOT love sushi. The only stuff he liked at that place was deep-fried... not how sushi was intended to be eaten.

Mike and Wendy said...

This is a follow up to let you know my 'request' was finally processed. I rocked the vote! (or whatever that slogan is!)

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

LOL! I love sushi and had it for lunch today at work. Yummy!!!

Tina said...

Rob and I love Sushi as well. I am not as brave as Rob (he did live in Hong Kong for 2 years and Sushi was abundant) with the Sushi but at Sekisui they have an awesome crunchy eel roll that is the awesomest sushi we have had in TN. We should do sushi sometime.

K.E.N said...

Eric is a big fan of sushi but I hate it with a passion that consumes my very being. Maybe not that much but I think it's gross!!

Nicole said...

I don't know if I like sushi because I have never tried it, but Todd thinks it is disgusting!

Zach and Nikky said...

You think my sandwich is gross? At least it doesn't contain raw fish...ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I love sushi Jacob was the one who converted me to it when i came up here in Oregon , showed me how to make the special sauce along with it ! um delicious then of course we ate all different raw fish in culinary school as well!! Then Eric of course loves it as well yummy!!