Monday, October 20

Memphis Monday: PRIDDY FARMS


(Addie was so small next to the big pumpkins, she loved trying to pick them up.)

I love fall activities. There is something marvelous about the crisp, cool air, smell of hay, and falling leaves that make every fall excursion delightful. I love carving pumpkins, drinking cider, burying myself in crinkling leaves, but I especially love picking pumpkins from a pumpkin patch.

(Daddy-daughter moment.)



On Saturday Jason, Addie and I ventured out to Priddy Farms, on north Germantown Rd, to find a pumpkin. We had, as expected, a wonderful time. They have a little train for the kids ($1), free playground equipment (the slide was a big hit), and pleny of hay bales set up for adorable photo-ops. The whole family, no matter how small or large, can take a hay ride for $3 out to a (rather dismal) pumpkin patch. The pumpkin patch is obviously set up for the kids. They wander around and search for the perfect, pre-picked pumpkin, just like buried treasure.
(I want them all! I MUST have them all!)

If you don't want to take the hay ride to the pumpkin patch, there are PLENTY of pumpkins in the front for your perusal and purchase. Overall, I enjoyed Priddy Farms. We had plenty of laughs, dirty hands, and a delicious taste of what autumn has to offer. Ah, if only I were allowed to eat a donut, the cider would have been more tempting this year...

This last picture is to show you Addie's new love...blanket forts. This has been up and down (mostly up) for over a week now. She loves it. She'll sit in there for long stretches of time looking at her books. When we have our own house I will LOVE designing her a cozy reading nook!

8 comments:

shauna said...

I love that she is wearing a necklace in all the pictures.

Haylee said...

How fun! We went to Priddy Farms too this week.. i thought it was an adorable place! :) Cute blog btw.

K.E.N said...

I am wearing my Up North sweatshirt right now! Your face looks so skinny! I do love fall too...I love living out wear the leaves change and you can actually "smell" fall.

Tiff Rudd said...

Thanks for sharing! We definitely need to go check it out!! I love the family picture of you guys on the hay - so cute and you look fantastic!!

Caitlyn said...

I saw this and now I want to take Chaela to a pumpkin patch! A sincere one, though, not a dismal one (I grew up watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown," so of course it has to be sincere).
I also love the blanket forts and how she's still wearing her necklaces! I can't wait to see you guys soon!

Erica Yates said...

Oh my gosh. She is getting so big. Your family picture is so cute. You all look great! Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

how i miss my neices :) Looked like a whole lot fun ...Addie i'm sure picked the perfect pumpkin!!

Philip, Melissa, & Summer said...

Sounds like tons of fun. Congrats on baby #2.