Tuesday, April 7

Memphis Monday: DINNER GROUP

Since right before Thanksgiving, due to an incredibly genius friend of ours, we've been part of a dinner group. Right now our group consists of four families. Each of us make dinner on a designated day, Monday through Thursday, and the rest of us come by at 5:30 to pick it up. We don't eat together, we just show up and get our delicious meals.

Dinner group has been a great blessing in our lives! Not only do we get to try lots of different meals and recipes, I only have to think about making dinner or doing the dishes on Wednesdays and on the weekends. It's been awesome! Also, it has saved us a lot of money we would normally spend on eating out. Jason and I LOVE eating out, so often if he got home and I hadn't started dinner yet, it was a good enough excuse. Especially now that I'm pregnant, making dinner has sounded even less exciting (and I don't like to cook all that much in the first place) so dinner group has really been a lifesaver. I highly recommend setting up one of your own!

6 comments:

Karie said...

What a great idea. I'm so jealous!

Josh n Betsie said...

wow that is an awesome idea. I wish i could do that

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I love that idea. Now I just need to find 3 willing friends.

Nicole said...

I think this sounds like a great idea! Why didn't we try this before?

Anonymous said...

I am in a dinner group also, but we make our 8 meals (there are 8 girls that participate) and we freeze them... we exchange the first of every month.. that way you can pull out what you want when you want it! I love it!

hayleemj said...

I too love the group!! And I've just got to say, your meals are always fab!! :) Yeah, for dinner group!