Monday, June 21

BABY #3

SURPRISE! I'M PREGNANT!



Mid-April my "monthly visitor" didn't come a'knockin. Well, since I was ON BIRTH CONTROL and STILL NURSING, I wasn't overly concerned. I let it ride. I excused the ligth-headedness as possible anemia which runs in my family. I upped my skin care regime because of the sudden breakouts. I took more naps for my sudden lethargy, but I was running in the mornings and still going to Stroller Strides...of course I was tired! I had stopped losing weight, but wasn't gaining either. But still...I COULD NOT BE PREGNANT.



After three weeks, I decided I'd better take a test. Just to be sure. But of course that wasn't it. But I'd better just check. Although I knew I wasn't pregnant. No way. Fast forward to May 3rd.



POSITIVE.



And not just slightly pink and faded, but a bright and bold and gleaming MAGENTA line glaring me in the face. I was pregnant. There was no mistaking those results. Bam.



We were planning on Macie and Baby #3 being three years apart. We didn't really want to even think about it until Jason graduated. This really rocked us. Well, mostly me, actually. Jason was surprised, but thankfully calm and collected and overly optimistic. I needed all of those things. It was very clear to both of us that there was a reason this baby is coming now--either for the baby or for us or both. I am grateful to believe that the Lord has a clear purpose for the trials and blessings He gives us. I am learning to trust in His timing. I am actually growing closer to the Lord through this experience as I need His comfort and strength and peace more than ever. Anyhow, I am getting excited. And big. And less tired--which helps with the excited part.



So, now to THE GAME. How far along do you think I am?? Because I was nursing, I hadn't really started having regular periods. And I was on birth control for only two months (mid-Feb to mid-Apr) but the first month was kind of weird, so I may have even been pregnant then. I honestly have no idea when I am due. Silly, eh?



Take into consideration three things: (1) this is my THIRD baby and many women have said you "show" a lot earlier the more you have, (2) most home pregnancy tests have a difficult time picking up a "positive" before you are 3.5 to 4 weeks along (that means that 7 weeks ago I was at least 3 or 4 weeks, but more likely 5 or 6 because I waited 3 weeks to take the test after I noticed I missed a period), and (3) the pictures. So, what do you think? Tomorrow I have my first appointment with a doctor (thanks to the slow-as-molasses process of getting approved for Medicaid) and hopefully will have an ultrasound and find out. I'll let you know!


I found out I was pregnant May 3rd. If I was 3 weeks then, now I'd be 10 weeks; 4 weeks then, 11 now; 5 then, 12 now; 6 then, 13 now; etc. Happy guessing!

11 comments:

Shannon said...

Dang, too bad you took that test, you could have starred in "I didn't know I was pregnant." ;) Kidding...but seriously have you seen that show?) I love it, ha.

Anyway-congratulations!! It's kind of cool finding out now...I think when we know we're pregnant, our brain can sometimes overemphasize the symptoms. And to know you're already through (or almost through) the 1st trimester? Nice. It's also got to be cool and comforting knowing this baby is simply meant to be a part of your family...NOW. (well, later in the year anyway. :) Have fun at the doctor tomorrow! Can't wait to hear!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I think you are 15 weeks, just a random guess. I go to a ob/gyn office with a male doctor who delivered my first child and a woman doctor who delivered my second. I am not a fan at all of the woman, but the man is fantastic. She recently told me that you can't get pregnant while you are breastfeeding and I doubted her. I was right, it is possible. She shouldn't be giving out false information. Let me know how far apart your kids will be, mine are 18 months and it is hard but I have some great tips for dealing with two under two.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Oh my goodness Jana! Congrats! You're sort of freaking me out though. I'm nursing and that is all we are doing, if you know what I mean. I've been hearing so many surprize baby stories lately too. That's hilarious you waited 3 weeks to take the test. Well now the wait will be shorter for you and the suspense as well. CONGRATS!

Mallory and Wendell said...

Wow! That is crazy! Congratulations! It'll be quite the adventure! And thanks for sending the CD. It turned out great!

Bridgette said...

Jana!! First of all I have to say when you commented most recently on my blog, I was so confused as to who Jason was ahahah! Love it! We are in Olympia just for another 4 weeks. Andrew has a 10 week internship with Target's import warehouse. Then it's back to school in and he'll graduate in April. Maybe we will end up out here...who knows, but if we could be neighbors....heck yeah!!!
Okay now on to you! CONGRATS!!! What a surprise. I want to guess (not based on how you look...but on the stats...I'm guessing...15 weeks? We'll anyway, I'm excited for you, and I think you love FABULOUS!!

Bridgette said...

I'm an idiot...baby brain I'll blame it on. I just saw the voting thing at the top of the blog. :)

Angela said...

Congratulations, Jana! I hope you don't mind if I read your blog.

Katie said...

ok, my guess is that you are 14 weeks. just because it would be fun if the first time you find out how far along you are - you are in your 2nd trimester. so i'm going all out baby. can't wait to hear. (pregnancy suits you btw. your hair is shiny and you really do the whole glowing thing. way to go)

Caroline Tung Richmond said...

Wow, a big congrats, Jana! I'm happy for you and Jason and Addie and Macie! You look so cute in your pregnancy pictures and I'm sure you'll just get cuter as the baby grows! Sending well wishes your way! :o)

Gemarie said...

Hey Jana! While i was down in Ohio i meant to tell you looked great ! really thin even being pregnant! I'm going to say your 4 months along ...

Unknown said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you! I had the same thing happen to me, nursing and birth control and guess what I got pregnant so my last 2 are 14 months apart!! Good luck and I am sure you will do great!