Thursday, November 25

Carson!!

A few days before his arrival.First time with Mom.

Group photo!


Let's see, what to write, what to write? Carson is one week old today, and was able to enjoy his first Thanksgiving with family. We've been blessed to have Jason's family in town this past week, and his mom is staying another week to help me out. It's been great to have others around to clean the kitchen (yay!), cook dinner (double yay!) and rake the leaves in our backyard (super triple yay!). I will be sad to see them leave--as will Addie and Macie. They have loved playing with their grandparents and cousins.


Carson is a very easy baby. He eats well, sleeps well, and puts up with endless sisterly kisses well. The girls can't get enough of him. Macie has learned a new word, "bubba," which is either brother or baby and Addie insists on taking her naps in the same room where he sleeps. They adore our new addition.

I am recovering fairly well. It hasn't been quite as easy a recovery as the first two, but I suppose that is to be expected. Now I just have to focus on eating better and going to bed at a decent hour. Those two things always help me feel better about myself as a mother, wife, and person in general.


Well, it's late and Carson is calling. I want everyone to know how much we have appreciated the phone calls, texts, emails, prayers, dinners, and offers of help you have been sending our way. We are so blessed to have fantastic friends and family. We love you!

7 comments:

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

Congratulations! He is a very cute little boy! I'm glad to hear things are going so well and that Carson has two loving big sisters. Happy Thanksgiving!

Jared, Miranda and Max said...

Super cute, Jana! Good work and congratulations! :)

Angela said...

He's beautiful, Jana! I'm so happy for you and I'm so happy that he's healthy and happy. :)

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Love the new family of 5 photo. So fun. Congrats again. You look awesome Jana!

Katie Leigh said...

Yea! Congrats! I'll be bringing you some movies to watch while nursing when Mike and I get over our colds.

Gemarie said...

love him! Love you all!

Zach and Nikky said...

Look at that cute family of FIVE! Can't wait to meet him in May!