Tuesday, December 7

a busy couple of weeks

new baby Carson






new loving big sisters who LOVE to help










Cousins Chaela and Joci, Aunt Caitlyn and Uncle Willy all come to visit







Grandpa and Grandma visit (My mother-in-law is amazing, by the way. She stayed for an entire week to help me exclusively. My kitchen sparkled! I was so spoiled.)









We put up TWO Christmas trees. haha.






And Macie is just, well, simply awesome. Her personality is really coming out now.








We even managed to squeeze in a visit to Santa. Too bad he was the grouchiest Santa in the entire world--look at him glaring at us! Macie could obviously sense his disdain for children.





As for me, on my own with three kids, I'm doing pretty well. Hopefully soon I won't just feel like I'm surviving, but I'll be thriving! Besides my shock and dismay when it took almost two hours yesterday to just get three kids ready and out the door, I'm doing great. My "to do" lists have remained purposely small, and I'm enjoying watching the girls love their baby brother. Yay for families! I sure love mine, my husband and kids just bring me so much joy. And I am especially thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ this time of year, and the knowledge that we can live together forever as a family. Ah, I have so many blessings...

7 comments:

The G-5+2 said...

Your kids are so cute. I loved seeing you the other day and holding your little man. I would love to hang out sometime. I will call you if I ever feel well enough.

Jessica said...

He's such a handsome little guy, so skinny! Good luck with everything, and you do have amazing in laws!

Kurt said...

I love Christmas Tree Addie. And the girls styling hair.

Hillary said...

What fun times you've had these past couple of weeks! I love my family too. I agree with you that they bring me so much joy. Can't wait to be with my extended family soon and hold that new little addition of yours. I can't believe how much he looks like his sisters. You can't mistake him for being someone else's.

Unknown said...

It was such a fun time! I put a few pictures up on facebook (finally) and I have some I need to email to you. Families are amazing!!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Seriously what's up with the Santa?!? Carson is so cute. That's how Sam looked when he was a baby. Glad the girls are being good big sisters and I know you will be thriving soon.

Gemarie said...

love the you all you guys can't wait to meet carson!