Wednesday, April 20

celebration!





Jason turned 32 years young yesterday, and to celebrate the occassion Adelyn and I made him a BUNNY CAKE! My mom used to make these for my brother Kurt because his birthday was always around Easter, and I've been talking about making one for Jason for years now. Well, wah lah! Here it is! Addie had fun putting on the whiskers and picking out the colors of the nose and eyes.



Carson turned 5 months old on the 18th and, as usual, I just had to take my monthly pictures. He's getting big, but I think his 4 and 5 month old pictures look pretty much the same. He started rolling a long time ago, but just this month discovered how tasty toes can be.





And, for those of you wondering, Jason's interview in Fredericksburg went well and we got a GREAT job offer. Pending some minor negotiations, we'll be Virginians in June! I was putting off posting about it until the contract was signed, but am too impatient. Hopefully it will all be finalized soon. We are excited to be starting the next phase of our lives...the paycheck phase!

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats. I am so excited for you guys.

K.E.N said...

Hurray! Hurray! Let's hope I can talk Eric into living in PA and then I'll only be 3 hours from you...but don't hold your breath. That is great news and I am totally jealous that you made the bunny cake.

Unknown said...

I love that cake! And can I just say: YAY for the paycheck phase! I can't wait until we get there. I put a few pictures of Joci on facebook, but I'll try and add some to that post, too. I'm being lazy because Will drove out to Utah with our fast computer.

Hillary said...

I'm glad for you guys to be going into the paycheck phase. Although I must warn you, it's not all that much better. :)

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Happy Birthday Jason! Carson is such a cutie. Congrats on the job offer. VA is closer to Caroline right? Yeah for that!

Keri said...

June! That's two months sooner than JJ was able to work! That's great! And I'm going to disagree with the previous commenter and say that the paycheck phase is much, much better. It will take a few months to be any different though. Congrats and good luck on the move! I hope you love your new town!

Keri said...

Oh, yeah, I also wanted to say that those pictures of Carson are really cute. He looks so happy and sweet and little!

Mom said...

The cake looks great, but I always put a Hostess snowball on for the tail. Try that next time.

Jana said...

Lol, I did have a Hostess snowball for the tail but Jason ATE IT before I made the cake! And I didn't want to make another trip to the store, so I just used a giant marshmallow that we already had. And it was delicious!

Tina said...

Yeah!

Zach and Nikky said...

Cute cake!! That is awesome about the job offer! We're way excited for you guys but I think we're more excited to see you in a few weeks! YAY!

Brink said...

I LOVE THE CAKE.

Jared, Miranda and Max said...

Congrats on the job offer! Isn't that the greatest relief? Love those pics of Carson... too cute!