Thursday, July 14

addie turns four!!

Addie is on a bug kick. She is always catching bugs and putting them in her various jars. Here she is on her birthday, wearing the antennae birthday hat. She is holding up the bug necklace we bought her, it has a black scarab beetle encased in the "jewel." We thought she'd love it. Well, it took a while for her to get over that we'd get her a DEAD bug. Haha. She wanted one that was alive, and could walk around. We even had to put it away for a few days because she was so upset that it was dead. Our tender-hearted Addie. Addie wanted a unicorn birthday cake and this is what I came up with! I was pretty happy about it, and had fun playing with my cake decorating stuff that I never use. I still would like to take a cake decorating class one day. (By the way, check out my friend Cassandra's cakes, she's my old college roommate and they are fabulous!)



When Addie woke up that morning and saw her cake she exclaimed, "Thanks for my cake, Mom! It is beeeeee-autiful!" That is one of Addie's best qualities, she is always so appreciative. I'm sure she gets it from her daddy. I think she had a nice birthday. Too bad we didnt' get her a pet, though we considered it. Maybe for Christmas.



And one of the funniest things about the day? Jason's parents had been talking about this chocolate cake from the moment they arrived...how moist and delicious and amazing it was. We were all thrilled to have it! We couldn't wait! Well...turns out they made it wrong. After hearing about it for over a week, we all laughed and laughed at the hilarious disappointment. Better luck next time.


No comments: