Thursday, July 14

happy independence day


We spent the Fourth of July in downtown Fredericksburg. First, we watched the 30th annual raft race, where everyone builds rafts out of recycled materials and races down the Rappahanock River. (Why don't we have any pictures???) We're trying to convince the doctors in Jason's practice to sponsor and build one with him and ride on it next year.


Then we were treated to ice cream at Wally's famous ice cream shop,




ate lunch at the local 919 Saloon (my fault, I chose to bring the kids into the bar, before I realized it WAS a bar! Haha!), sat on a bench and watched people walk by,










took pictures in front of old historic buildings,





and then at night we watched the fireworks (although the 10 minute show was pretty dismal).





Even though the fireworks were disappointing, I enjoyed the family-friendly vibe downtown for the day's festivities. I'm getting more and more convinced I'm going to thrive here.

No comments: