Wednesday, August 17

every day life

Macie's outfit is Jason's strange sense of humor. She thought it was hilarious.

As for me, I'm still running. Jason and I will be running in Richmond, VA's half marathon on Nov. 13th. I've been having a more difficult time committing to this race. My running partner is a high school teacher, so she starts school in a few weeks and won't be able to run with me anymore. That means I'll be training on my own and I'm a little worried. But it will be awesome to do it with Jason--too bad we can't train together. I've also been doing Weight Watchers for about a month and have finally been able to steadily lose weight. Hurrah! It's true what they say about the third kid. This time the baby weight is NOT coming off easily! So, here is a picture of me from a few days ago...I think I look a little thinner! Yay!




Carson is cute, but more needy than ever. Much more than either of our girls. He is a Mama's Boy through and through. This morning, after I ran 4 miles, I opted to mow our whole lawn for another hour of time away from him. He is very charming but also very demanding of his mother. It was perfect, though. Jason got what he wanted--time to sit and chill out with the kids watching a movie--and I got what I wanted--time ALONE. I love my husband! (And I really do love my kids, too, but sometimes a mama needs a break!)


Just a cute picture of him falling asleep on Jason's lap.



Now here is a happy story. I bought a box of 100 Curad bandaids. I was ignorant of the fact that they were the world's WORST BANDAIDS. They came unstuck minutes after being put on. I have never been so annoyed by a product before, so I decided to email the company. Well, about a week later, look what came in the mail!! Carson's face looks about how mine did when I opened the mysterious box!
It was so fun to have them send me all this free product, and they are the much nicer, more expensive bandaids...so they actually STICK! Hurrah! I will definitely be writing more companies in the future.

The end.

6 comments:

Katie said...

i love you. way to stick it (pun intended) to the man.

Unknown said...

Jana, your blog is my favorite to see on top of the list! Good luck to you and Jason in the marathon! I love the pictures you put up, especially the one of Carson and the band aids!

The G-5+2 said...

You look fantastic!!! I hear you when it comes to having alone time. I need some so bad. Good luck with your race.

Mom said...

This really Dad posting on Mom's site. The best bandaids (you know that is actually a brand name) is the generic Walgreens adhesive strips. They work way better than Curad and better even than Bandaids.

The pictures are great! Keep them coming.

Brink said...

Miss you!!

Gemarie said...

LOL love it!!! Miss them as well