Wednesday, August 3

you'll never guess my new hobby

It has to do with these: Some of this:


And faces that look like THIS:





It's true! Lately, I have been ENJOYING COOKING! (well, more often than not anyway...)




As many of you know, I have never been one who likes cooking. There are always dishes afterwards, half the time it isn't even good because I don't have natural cooking instincts, the kids are always whiny at dinnertime...yadda yadda yadda. WELL...






I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH FARMER'S MARKETS!




There is something so wonderful about fresh, colorful food, bought directly from the people who lovingly planted, watered, cared for and picked it. I ask them questions (What do you do with a lemon cuke? How would you use the mini-eggplant in a dish?) and then go home and invent something. And the best part? Usually I invent something GOOD. Usually. (Our eggplant-zucchini-tomato soup the other night was a complete bust.) And it has been pretty FUN.

4 comments:

shauna said...

those so look good.

Unknown said...

Awesome, Jana! I want to try and find a farmer's market out here, too. You'll have to send me your recipes!

Brink said...

YEA for you. Miss you!! And I love all the pics in your recent posts. The kids look great!!

Gemarie said...

Love Farmers markets they have them everywhere here every weekend almost!! :) Good for you girl family looks happy Momma is doing well lol!!