Friday, October 21

11, 13, 25, 31, and 0

eleven. The number of months Carson has been with us! He is 11 months old. I can't believe our boy is almost a one year old! He is so small, it's hard to believe we'll soon be celebrating his birthday.





thirteen. This is as high as Macie can count on her own. She is already a trickster and loves doing or saying anything contrary to what I do or say, enjoys helping me do my chores, and loves being the biggest sister while Addie is away at preschool.













twenty-five. This is how many days until Grandma and Grandpa Hutchinson come to see us on the train, and Addie CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM! It is also approximately how many times per day Addie talks about getting/owning/buying a pet. "When can I get a pet?" "Can we go to the pet store and see the pets?" "Can I have a turtle/kitty/elephant/dog?" "I'm a kitty, and you're my mommy." "Why can't I have a pet?" "Mom, I can work hard and take care of it!" (I'm pushing for a dog for Christmas.)







thirty-one. The amount of ghost pretzels I made for the Edgar Allan Poe book club this week! Aren't they cute?










ZERO! The amount of insurance companies Jason has left to be approved on! YAY! It sometimes felt like this day would never come. Now he can see EVERYONE and his schedule is picking up quickly. We're hoping in a month that he'll be able to finally finally finally add another day of work. Whew. It's been a long 5 months, but we know it will totally be worth it in the long run.




He visited Addie's preschool class on Wednesday (it was their medical professionals day) and spoke to the kids about their eyes, and then gave everyone a free eye screening. He and I had a good time, and Addie was proud to show him off.




It's been a good month, and we're all looking forward to Halloween!







4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post! Carson looks so old to me! Of course, I haven't seen him since he was a few days old, but still, it's hard to believe he's almost one!

I'm glad things are falling into place for you guys, but as always, I REALLY wish you lived closer!!

Also, sometimes I see your pictures of Addie and think she and Chaela look so much alike! They make some of the same faces!

And I LOVED your pretzel ghosts!! They looked delicious!

Lisa said...

I am proud of Jason.... but mostly I am proud of you! Jason's accomplishments are due to your encouragement and you have made him into an amazing man.

Brink said...

Carson DOES look so old! I think it's all his teeth. And Addie's hair has gotten so long. I am so glad about Jason's work too!!! Love the pretzels.

Anonymous said...

There are free bunnies (from my parents farm) in DC if you want one!
(my dad sent a (unknown at the time) pregnant bunny home with my cousins and they are looking for homes!
* just in case you really do want a pet!