Monday, December 12

a little late, but always welcome

I know Thanksgiving was several weeks ago, but today I am feeling so much gratitude!

I am grateful for my awesome, silly, cuddly family! We love being together, playing Candyland or cribbage or tag or playdough, and we laugh and tickle and sing and dance.

I'm grateful for my car (and for the deer that squashed our other car last Christmas so we could get the one we have now). It is so nice to spread out, stretch our legs, and have a DVD player in there on days when one is absolutely necessary.

I'm grateful for my mom and sisters. I love being able to call them and chat anytime, and be weird or whiney or crazy, and know they'll still want to talk to me tomorrow.

I am grateful to have a house to live in, food in our fridge (and even a little extra on occassion to eat out), and the Christmas tree in our living room (regardless of how sparsely it is decorated).

But most of all, I am grateful for Jason. He really keeps me sane and in touch with what is worth my emotional energy, and what is not. He also likes to spoil me when possible, and forgive me when I am unbelievably grouchy. And because of his dedication and hard work, I am able to stay at home and read books to my adorable little children whenever I want. It's easy to forget how blessed I am to be able to do that, but I truly love it, and am so thankful to be a mother who is able to just be at home and on-call.

My life is so good!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Great perspective. Thanks for sharing. I love hearing other people voice my own blessings (as I share many of yours, except a Jason. I have a Charlie). It helps me recognize and count them more often.