Monday, January 9

season's highlights

1. REAL Christmas Caroling! Jason and I invited several members of our church over for Family Home Evening the Monday before Christmas. It was a HUGE success! Including our family, we had 38 people caroling, from 7 families! We walked up and down our street, singing to our neighbors, and came back to our house for hot chocolate and donuts. All the kids LOVED it, and we decided we'll continue to do this as a tradition every year. It really brought the Christmas spirit, to those of us singing and to those we sang to. It was a blast.









2. This picture was supposed to be on our Christmas card...that we never got around to making. I like it, though. Thanks, Mom! 3. Here was our cozy tree and living room on Christmas Eve, once all the kids were asleep. I was sipping hot chocolate and wanted to capture the moment.



4. New Christmas dresses! Provided by Grandpa and Grandma Hair. Addie is in her favorite--PINK!





Awesome Christams tie provided by Aunt Caitlyn, sorry you can't see it very well.




5. Grandpa came to visit! He got here Christmas Eve and stayed through New Years day. The kids LOVED having him visit. Addie actually asked if she could have two dads now, one being Grandpa!









6. Santa brought the kids a TRAMPOLINE! Jason and his dad stayed up Christmas Eve setting it up, in the cold & dark, but it was worth it!



Addie thought Santa put a bow on it to show her it was a present just for her and Macie, and she didn't question Santa's magic when we asked how he fit it in his sleigh. For someone who didn't grow up "doing Santa" it certainly is a lot of fun. I love the magic.



7. The week after Christmas we were blessed with 50 and 60 degree weather, so we could enjoy Santa's generosity! All the kids love it, including Carson.




8. The annual Christmas Eve puppet show. I love our family Christmas traditions.










We had a wonderful Christmas. We certainly spoiled everyone. With watching our belts so tightly for so long, we felt we deserved it for our first post-graduation Christmas. I'm so glad we did!


5 comments:

shauna said...

The christmas picture is cute. Carson is really good looking. He is going to be so handsome.

We had to still keep it tight this year but I told Ben just to watch out next year. I'm already planning on bikes, skates, clothes, books, toys galore...I'm just ready to splurge and have fun instead of always worrying about the money. Our kids still had a great christmas with their yard sale finds but next year I just want to go a little crazy. although I'm sure next year we will be in the same situation of our money needing to go elsewhere.

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had an AWESOME Christmas! I'm so glad! And I'm glad that you like Carson's tie! I love Christmas caroling. Maybe we can start that tradition here!

Katie said...

That family picture is awesome. You all look so cute. And Jana - you are so beautiful! Your Christmas looked magical.

The G-5+2 said...

I love that family picture. You look fabulous.

Brink said...

The would-be Christmas card is so great!! Lovely of everyone. And I am glad you had such a wonderful Christmas.