Thursday, September 20

Hairy Update

Wow, we've been busy lately! It's a nice change for me, actually. Here is the update:

Jason LOVES optometry school. He loves shining all his new gadgets in my eyes, trying to figure out my prescription, my sphere, and whatever else he can glean from that bright orange light. He joined the school's Private Practice Club and they had their first meeting on Monday. He came home bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. An optometric consultant spoke with them about the "How To" of opening up your own business. He is thrilled about having his own office (I told him I get to pick out the lobby room chairs) and this meeting pumped him up even more.

It's wonderful to see him this excited. He looks forward to attending class and is enjoying making friends with others who have similar goals. I feel blessed to be here. While moving here has been a sacrifice in many ways, having the knowledge that we'll be able to move basically wherever we want and make a decent living and life for our family, makes Memphis worth it.

I have been busier as well. Yay! I just started exercising this week (I have the blisters to prove it!) and am feeling a lot more upbeat than I have in previous weeks. It's so true that exercise and physical activity really contribute to positive thinking. I feel the endorphins pumping through my veins! It's still HOT HOT HOT here, but I've been braving the heat and have been taking Addie to the park to walk/jog. It's good for both of us to get out, sweat, chase squirrels, and better ourselves. My goal is to be a family that is ACTIVE for fun. I want to take bike rides, hike, and camp together. I'm finally taking my first step towards making that goal a reality and it feels wonderful.

1 comment:

The Hungry Homemaker said...

Having kids makes things like exercising sometimes more enjoyable. It is better to walk while pushing a baby than walking by yourself in my opinion:) I am glad you have found somewhere to walk too! We sure miss you. Good Luck!!