Monday, September 24

The NFL

I have an announcment. Yes, it's true, Jason has slowly converted me to enjoy football. One compromise of our marriage was that he be able to watch NFL Football, and I must admit, I've enjoyed it! I watched the entire second half of the Chicago Bears vs. Dallas Cowboys and I was surprised when I looked up and an hour had passed!

I've never been one for football. I went to a couple games in highschool, just because my friends went and it was the thing to do. And, as embarrassing as this is, in all my years at BYU I think I only went to 2 football games. Shameful, I know. It just seemed so boring-- running up and down the field, jumping on each other, pass the ball, throw the ball--it was nothing compared to hockey. Growing up in Michigan, I was a big fan of the Detroit Red Wings, actually, I was a big fan of the fighting involved in hockey. I like watching contact sports. Jason and I used to faithfully watch boxing and the UFC when we had Dish. Well, football isn't nearly as much of a "contact sport." There are less injuries, but, to compensate and hold my attention, it actually does take talent to play. During the Cowboys/Bears game I was particularly impressed by Tony Romo, Dallas' quarterback. He threw that ball dead-on during some pretty sticky situations, and I found myself leaning in towards the TV, hoping the play would pan-out.

Ok, so I've confessed. Now I have to pick a team to root for on the quest to the SuperBowl!

4 comments:

Erica Yates said...

Welcome to my side :)

Jason said...

Not a contact sport? Your wrong sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Jana,

Welcome to the wide world of football!! Lions are a bad bet, but if you want to sitck to home town then that's the way to go! Personally I've always been a Steelers fan. Though now that you're in TN you have the option of the Titans as well ;-) Good luck in your choice.

Julie

Jacob said...

Jana,

All I have to say is you better not pick Dallas for your team, you will be shunned by the whole family. :)