Sunday, November 25

Playing catch-up

Well, we're baaa-ack! We had a great, fun, and exhausting week. Here is my brieft synopsis:

After our 12 hour car ride on Saturday (Addie actually did quite well in her car seat) we made it home, had some soup, and went to bed. On Sunday we went to church with my family. Everyone has grown up so much in our old ward! It was so strange to see the little babies I used to babysit as teenagers! It was fun to attend church with my mom and our Sunday School lesson was great. If you haven't read James in a while, I encourage you to brush up on it. The whole book is only 4 pages or so. We discussed James' definition of "true religion" in James 1:28 and it made for a very interesting and enlightening discussion.

Sunday night we had dinner with my brother and sister-in-law. Harvey, their new little one month old, is ADORABLE. His facial features are so small, and I forgot how tiny newborns are. Even though he's only one month old, he's still only 2 pounds lighter than our petite Adelyn. It was great to hold him and chat with the fam.

On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we played games with the family (mostly Battleship, Boggle and PayDay), caught up with old friends I hadn't seen in a long time (and delighted in hearing them ooh and aah over Addie), and just relaxed. Jason did some studying, I went to Bronners (supposedly the BIGGEST CHRISTMAS STORE IN AMERICA!) and we had delicious Mexican food in Detroit.

Thanksgiving Thursday was, of course, delicious and relaxing...for the most part. Jason played football in the snow, Green Bay and the Cowboys won, the turkey and pie was scrumptious, and I (dum dum dum) had another gall bladder attack! I couldn't fall asleep because of intense pain, and finally around 5 a.m. my dad took me to the emergency room. They found out, after an ultrasound of nearly my entire body, that I have gall stones. I'd had horrible pain twice before, but I had always been able to sleep and it would be gone by morning. Not so this time. It stinks because now I have to find a doctor, have surgery, figure out how to pay for it, and in the meantime, eat the most horribly bland diet. It stinks all around. On the flip side, maybe it will help me lose some weight. But, other than that, Thanksgiving was great! Yay!

But really, it was wonderful being home. We always enjoy spending time with my parents, brothers and sisters, and our hilarious neices and nephews. I'm glad that we live close enough to drive every once in awhile!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason play football in the snow. I don't believe it.

Tiff Rudd said...

Welcome back! Glad you guys had a good time. Sounds like a great little vacation, except for the hospital part!! Good luck getting that taken care of - let me know if you need anything. I would love to watch Addie while you go to doctors and recover from surgery. Please call if you need anything! Tiff

TrinaC said...

Hi Jana,
I'm so sorry about your gall bladder. I wish I were closer to help out when you need it. I'm glad you had fun in Michigan. We miss you and hope we can see you at Christmas time. I can't remember when you said you would be he but we leave for California around the 20th. Talk to ya later!
Trina

Jacob said...

Can't wait for Christmas we are going to have brothers football. Oh yeah!