Monday, July 7

Adelyn is now ONE (can you believe it?)

It's time to play catch-up. We had a lot going on this last week, so there are 3 new posts, all with lots of pictures (because we all know that's what everyone wants to see anyway).
Addie turned one on Thursday. We made her a little chocolate cake and let her have at it. At first she didn't quite know what to make of it. She started hitting the cake like a drum until Jason fed her a little piece. She quickly got the idea and enjoyed wiping off the frosting and hastily shoving it in her mouth. I said the whole thing reminded me of Bruce Bogtrotter from Matilda. Fortunately for us, however, she was NOT able to finish the cake.
After we got her cleaned up (and the table, chair, wall, carpet, etc) we helped her open her presents. She got several adorable outfits from Aunt Heather & Uncle Kurt and Grandma & Grandpa Hair. She also got a big, soft doll that she loves, a sand pail and shovel and some giant legos. Since her birthday we've picked each of these things up about a hundred times, but are glad that we have such doting friends and family.
It's amazing that she's a year old now. She can now crawl (finally!) but prefers standing up against any and all furniture and walking along it to get to what she wants. She actually walked along the furniture before she learned how to actually crawl. She plays pat-a-cake, peekaboo with all blankets and shirts, and dances to all music. One is such a fun age. She discovers something new every day. Fortunately for me, she LOVES books. She loves staring at the pictures and narrating her own babbling story. She turns the pages over and over again. I am so excited to raise a bookworm! Anyhow, we love Addie and are so grateful for the love you all show her as well. Cheers to our One-derful One-Year Old!

11 comments:

Erica Yates said...

I can't believe she's already one! Time goes by so fast. Those pictures are priceless. She really looks like Jason in the last picture!

Hillary said...

I have to say that the stratigically placed froggie toys in the picture of her with the sun hat on are quite funny :)!

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Happy belated Addie! You are such a cute girl. I hope the cake was everything you dreamed of and more. Sam has that same highchair. Have fun with your new toys little one.

Tiff Rudd said...

Happy Birthday Addie! She is such an absolute doll!! Glad she had a great first birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy b-lated b-day Addie!!! I was going to call but worked a late night that night :( So I hope it was fun did she get sick after eating that terribly delicious chocolate cake?? Lol :) love ya guys!!

Caitlyn said...

I can't believe she was only born a year ago. They grow SO MUCH this first year!!! I feel like I want but don't want them to get any older, you know?

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Im so jealous that Addie loves books! Ive tried to be the good mom and sit down with Ethan to read but he just doesnt have the attention span for it.. I guess thats a boy for ya! We gave Ethan his very own cake too, he loved eating it, but then threw it up for the next hour! Im glad Addie could handle it!

Jami said...

Happy late birthday, Addie! She is SO adorable, I love the last one of her standing on the new toy. That's great that she loves books so much. Oh, and now I really want some chocolate cake.

Nicole said...

I can't believe she is already a year old. Man they grow so fast. SO you ready for another one yet?

Lisa (Espanish for "Lisa") said...

Such a cutie! Aren't one-year-olds so fun?! Happy Birthday Addie (very very late)!

Anonymous said...

on my lap little one it is p---y time for your birthday, my hand in your diaper rubbing your lovely soft, warm, bald, puffy little baby c--t, I watch you kick and coo like mad then gently sob as your orgasm hits LOVE suckimng my fingers after so I can taste your c--t