Friday, October 15

blogging again!


Addie catching a praying mantis we found IN OUR HALLWAY.
Our girls are growing growing growing. Macie just grew out of a pair of adorable shoes before I remembered to put them on her (always sad for a mother) and Addie is going to preschool. Both of them are in "Mommy Mode" all the time, Macie babying our dolls (wrapping in blankets, pushing in strollers, feeding bottles), and Addie babying me (when I'm so tired all I want to do is lay on the ground) and Macie. They're both going to love their new brother and Addie, I know, will be loads of help.

Macie currently likes baby dolls, books, Addie, drinking anything she can get her hands on, slides, talking on the phone, bath time, closing doors and SHOES! She definitely has a shoe fettish. I change her shoes upwards of 30 times a day...no kidding.


Addie currently likes dogs, pretending to be a mom, dressing up, setting the table, talking on the phone, playing with her friends, brushing her teeth and washing her hands, and watching movies. I've been trying to limit her TV time, but with this pregnancy quickly coming to an end, my will power has been less and less--I've been so lazy! She has such a bizarre sense of humor (I wonder where that comes from??) and is so fun to be around. We never know what wacky thing is going to come out of her mouth! She loves calling others "Little Silly" when they do something crazy.
Jason went to an optometry conference in Portland, OR the end of last month. He went to network and ended up having two job interviews while there. Both were awesome practices, and he felt one interview actually went really well, so we're hopeful but realistic. He doesn't even graduate until May (I can't believe it's so soon!) so anyone else who they like just as much and can start NOW has a definite advantage, but we keep praying hard anyway! I'm just grateful he's been so proactive. Hopefully we'll have a job by the time we graduate, but honestly, I'm not that worried about it anymore. It's frustrating not knowing where we'll end up, but I feel certain we'll get a job somewhere even if it's not the job of our dreams...yet. So, we're just working hard and waiting *somewhat* patiently.

As for me, what is there to report? I'm due in less than 6 weeks! I was released from my church responsibility as the Young Womens President (the leader of the youth girls) about a month ago and am now the primary chorister (I teach the little kids church songs on Sunday). It's been wonderful! I FEEL SO FREE! It's been great to not be in charge of anything...just show up, do my job, and go home. I do miss the girls, though. I've also quit Stroller Strides. Between those two things my schedule has freed immensely and I sometimes wish I had more to do...but my list of books to read has grown leaps and bounds in the last few weeks, so I'm learning to fill up my extra time.We truly are a happy family. So happy. And I feel like I'm finally in the two-kid groove. I worry about the dynamics changing in a few weeks with the addition of our baby boy, but I know the Lord is watching and helping us and that our little boy will just bring us that much more happiness (and exhaustion). So, on that run-on, I'll close. It's nice to be among the bloggers once more!

Three happy hoodies!

5 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

That very first picture of Addie is absolutely hilarious!

Gemarie said...

wow they have grown ! I miss them! I hope the jobs in Washington call i really want my nieces close!

K.E.N said...

I like to see you blogging again...does this mean you figured out your camera with your computer. What did it take? And you are looking huge-which makes me feel good, because I'm looking about as huge...pretty soon, just remember, soon.

J.B.D. Hair said...

Holy cow! I had no idea Macie was already that big. Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!!!

Jacob

Zach and Nikky said...

That first picture of Addie looks so much like a face you would pull! I miss your girls! Most of all though, I miss you! That is so exciting about Jason's interviews. You'll have to let us know if anything comes from them. I can't believe graduation is so soon but still so far! Remember when they first started and we never thought it would end? :)