Wednesday, February 13

Cold Sassy Tree is an A+

I just finished reading Cold Sassy Tree, by Olive Ann Burns. I wanted y'all to know that it is WONDERFUL. It is full of humor, emotion, great stories, and believeable (as well as interesting and loveable) characters. I read it several years ago, but reread it to make sure it was something I could recommend for the church bookclub. I forgot nearly everything, but was glad because it let me experience it all over again. This is one of those books I could read over and over again and enjoy every time.

The book is about the coming-of-age of the 14 year old narrator, Will Tweedy, and is set in the South when automobiles are new, and it's a priviledge to have a bathroom inside your home. I fell in love with Will Tweedy's sassiness, as well as his innocence. The Southern twang is all throughout the book, as well, something with I enjoyed even more now that I live in Memphis. The story will make you laugh outloud and cheer and cry. It has it all. I highly recommend this book, I have to have it for my own shelf!

No comments: