Friday, February 29

the princess and the pea

I'd like to tell a little story...

Princess Jana was the most beautiful woman in all of Memphis. She had one small problem, however, and it was the size of a pea. On occassion a sharp pain would pierce her fragile frame making it impossible to sleep. After several greuling attacks her misfortune was diagnosed, and she went to see the magical doctor on top of the hill. "You have been sleeping with a pea," he declared, "actually, you have been sleeping with several of them, and they must be removed or you shall never sleep soundly again!"

The princess was hesitant to remove her peas. She wanted to be known as a princess afterall, and we all know that the true test of being a princess is whether or not those peas keep you up at night. Well, after many hours doubled over in pain, and with her handsome knight by her side, she went again to the magical doctor. After some sorcery, a little skill, and plenty of much-needed pain medication, Princess Jana was cured and slept soundly again.

Ok, that was a sad attempt at a story. Oh well, I tried. I'm feeling pretty good (just very very sore) and was excited to eat a piece of cake today without worrying about having an attack! The surgeon did let me take one of my gallstones home, and it is about the size of a pea. I don't know how many he removed. I couldn't see my gall bladder, unfortunately, because it is considered a biohazard. I was quite disappointed. Jason has been treating me like royalty, though, and I am so thankful to all of those who have called or have brought us dinner. Thank you, thank you!

5 comments:

Caitlyn said...

Hey! I'm really glad it went well and they were able to do it lapriscopicly (or whatever). I didn't get to take any of mine home, but I didn't ask. Is it green? Anyway, good to hear you're doing well. What did you think of being knocked out? I thought it was totally trippy to be unconscious and the next thing you know your throat is so dry you can't think of anything else! I hope I talk to you soon!

Caitlyn said...

Oh, I almost forgot, YAY CAKE! And of course I'll totally help you as much as I can with the writing thing. I know of a few sites now that have magazines' upcoming themes. They're all children's magazines though. And I'll help you with formatting the right way and what to enclose when you send it if you want. Just let me know, we can do it whenever! It's really fun! Do you know how to footnote?

Nicole said...

Well Jana, I am glad to hear that everything went well and you have been able to enjoy some cake. Your story is quite cute by the way. Todd and I have thought about writing the story of how we met like a children's book. Oh and you deserve to be treated like royalty so enjoy it.

Tiff Rudd said...

Glad you are doing so well! Please let us know if you need ANYTHING! I mean it!!!!

Josh n Betsie said...

I am glad you were able to get that taken care of. My mom had a really bad gall bladder and she was in pain all the time. I just hope I dont have to experience it. Take it easy and enjoy all the good food again.:0)