Tuesday, October 23

crazy/beautiful

Do any of you remember that ridiculous Kirsten Dunst movie called crazy/beautiful? Jason and I used to make fun of it all the time because, first, it was a dumb movie, and second, it had a really dumb name to match. We used to tell each other, "You are so crazy slash beautiful" and think it was so hilarious. Well, as I sat down to write this post, it occurred to me that my life has become "crazy slash beautiful." Let me explain...

Since moving here to Memphis, we've had two robberies in our apartment complex. We were told about the first one, an armed robbery, by a note stuck on our door by the management. The second robbery happened at 10 o'clock in the morning (that's right, 10 a.m.!!) and my friend witnessed it. She was the one to notify the police. CRAZY.
I have a wonderful husband. He takes Addie when he comes home to give me a break, changes diapers, and fixes me dinner on Sundays. He has gorgeous eyes (check out the picture below) and is so hilarious. You ought to see him dance. I am so blessed to be married to such a great man. BEAUTIFUL.

I am the mother of a soon-to-be 4 month old. CRAZY.
Even though I want to pull my hair out at times, especially when Addie cries and cries for no reason whatsoever, her smiles make it all worth it. I'm scared of the responsibility of teaching her right from wrong, to serve others, to make good friends, and to make good decisions, but I know that the Lord will bless me when the time comes as long as I strive to be the best mother I can be. Motherhood is the most rewarding role a woman can fulfill. I truly believe that. BEAUTIFUL.We are in debt up to our ears because of school and don't have any family close by, but these trials are making our family stronger. This whole experience, being a young family in the MidSouth, is crazy/beautiful. (See? Now I've turned that stupid, stupid title into something worthwhile!)

I realize this post is pretty cheesy, but I've just been so grateful lately to have the wonderful life I have and am so thankful to Heavenly Father for my blessings. Yay for us!!

11 comments:

Jacob said...

That is the most crazy/beautiful thing I have ever heard.

I like the last pic of maddie. She looks like a little ewok princess. Only without the fur and minus the ewok.

Jacob said...

Okay so I created a blog as well :)

http://oregonhairs.blogspot.com/

Shannon said...

Hey, this is Shannon Scoresby. Cute post!! Oh my goodness, what's up with all these robberies!? (Well, we're in Memphis, that probably has something to do with it...) Ps. Watch out for some shady folks knocking on your door claiming to sell "jewelry." We and a few others called security on them last night. They told us they were going to step it up and patrol more often. (Good answer guys!:)

Caitlyn said...

I never saw that movie, but I remember when it came out. But you're getting to the fun part with her, right? Starting on food, holding up her own head, rolling over... by Christmas she could be scooting around and I'll be the one with a baby that only knows how to cry!! You're all going to looove me and Will when we're all trying to sleep.

Will said...

dats nice!

Jared, Miranda and Max said...

Jana! I love your blog! I really thought it was great, and very appropriate. Yikes, talk about debt... Jared and I are looking into law schools and that aspect of it is not fun. Hey- i just started a blog! check it out sometime. but not too soon. ha! i haven't written anything yet.

Zach and Nikky said...

I totally remember that movie! You definitely gave that title a much better meaning.

BlueAdagio said...

I don't think your blog is at all cheesy...I think it's wonderful. I love hearing about your crazy life and seeing all the beautiful pictures of family. :)

Love ya chica!

insi said...

your daughter is so adorable. i lover her face so much!

Micaela said...

I love your interpretation on the movie. Having kids is a very beautiful thing and absolutely CRAZY all at the same time, that's why we keep havin' 'em! She's so cute!

Daniel Moroni Hair said...

I like blogs... Wooo! CRAZY comment. lol