Friday, October 5

A New White Coat

I'm so happy about my soon to be profession! I knew this would be a profession I would love, but going to school and actually learning what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life gets me so much more excited for my future in the career of optometry! I love SCO (Southern College of Optometry, for those who don't know), and it seems like I have already learned so much, even though I've only been there for 5 weeks now! We've been learning how to do retinoscopy, or how to find a patient's eye correction by shining a light in their eye--I think it's pretty incredible how the eye works! It's exciting to know how much can be found out about the body, just by looking into a patient's eye. There are many systemic diseases that can be found with an eye exam!



I'm happy to be at SCO, I have so many great professors and the school excels in so many areas--I'm excited to know I'm getting a great education, and learning everything I need to for my future career. We had our White Coat Ceremony tonight, where all of us first year students received our new white coats. It made it seem like we're almost done, even though I still have a little less than 4 years left! Oh well, I love SCO and all I'm learning, even though I'm super busy--it is so much better than undergrad!



Daddy and Addie at the White Coat Ceremony!

Me and a couple friends, Ben and Zach, at the White Coat Ceremony!

3 comments:

Erica Yates said...

Lookin good Jas! Congrats!

Jacob said...

Im proud of you bro. Lookin good man.

-Jake

Anonymous said...

jhyu